Let’s explore clouds! Clouds are a great example of a topic that can be studied at any age – and helps keep us connected to nature!
- Watch clouds move.
- Use your body to show how the clouds move.
- Discuss the different types of clouds and their function in the water cycle.
- Invite children to use cotton balls and blue paper to create a poster that shows the different types of clouds. See NAMC’s Lower Elementary Physical Geography manual for details.
- Write a haiku about clouds.
- Encourage students to research the role clouds play in weather forecasting. Invite them to prepare and video their own three-day forecast.
- Invite students to create their own set of cloud classification cards. See NAMC’s Upper Elementary Physical Geography manual for details about this and other activities about clouds.
- Conduct a science experiment by making a cloud in a jar!
Visit NAMC to learn more about our Montessori Infant/Toddler, Early Childhood, Lower Elementary, and Upper Elementary diploma programs and curriculum.
— NAMC Staff
© North American Montessori Center – originally posted in its entirety at Montessori Teacher Training on Wednesday, April 8, 2020.